parties - crafts - gift ideas - DIY - kids' projects - holiday fun

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Super Bowl 2013

Are you ready for some football? Well, if you answered, "yes"...you're out of luck...because the season is over! :)

We have adopted the tradition of hosting Super Bowl...and I LOVE it! This year was a little extra special because Chad...and pretty much all of our friends...are HUGE Niners fans. So, I had no choice but to go all out for my man. :)

Here's the invite...not to be confused with an actual Super Bowl ticket...


Our guests were welcomed with this on the door...



of course you have to have a banner...



and it isn't a party without some balloons and food!
 


Most of you know that I have a very abnormal love for naming my party food. Really. It is a bit abnormal. It really brings me almost as much fun as the actual party. And yes, I do crack myself up with my names...ask my hubby...I think I'm pretty clever sometimes! :)

So, here starts that parade of food pictures...


I told myself that these were for the kiddos...honestly, I used it as an excuse to buy some for me. I also have a secret love affair with these tiny pockets of pb&j!








Of course there were the "usuals"...Chain Gang Chili Dip, Super Bowl Salsa, Grid Iron Guacamole, Coin Toss Cream Cheese and Chili Sauce...and new this year...

A build your own hot dog bar...



I made a list of some NFL inspired hot dog recipes...and here were all of the fixings!




I also had some toys and activities for the kids...even though they never touched them! Ha!!!




Even the "big kids" had their own game!



Cue the good ol' Super Bowl Squares! Do you see a little mister in the mix in the picture above? Yup...he was all about the squares and even bought a few of his own!
 
Unfortunately our team didn't win...but we still had tons of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment