parties - crafts - gift ideas - DIY - kids' projects - holiday fun

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Potty Time...Excellent!!!

Potty training. What more can a parent say? People always tell you how hard the first few weeks of parenthood are. Have these people forgotten about potty training?


We have attempted this feat several times before.

Several.

Like...a lot of times.

It always went like this,

"Landry, let's wear underwear today and learn how to go potty on the toilet."

"No. I don't want to."

"C'mon. Lets sit on the potty and try."

Cue the tears. Massive crocodile tears. Lots of tears.


I read every tip I could find.

We tried candy treats, toy treats, going to the store to buy the underwear, standing, sitting, sinking Cheerios, everything.


I continued to search Pinterest. One day I came across this link and it just seemed to click. I read it and thought, "This is it. This is totally Landry!"


So, when we bought our last box of diapers at Costco we told Landry, "This is it. This is the last box of diapers. Once we run out...it is underwear time!" I was really hoping the box would get us to Spring Break...but it didn't.


Friday morning we pulled out the last diaper!

That was it...the last one.

We told Landry that Friday was the lst day for diapers.

Saturday would be potty day!


Saturday morning Landry got up and off came the diaper...on went the underwear! I followed the advice from the link and the first thing we did was make a list of everyone we know that wears underwear!




Making the list cracked Chad and I up! He thought of all the names on his own. His name was first, then Chad, me, and so on.




Then I showed him the "Potty Treats" on the shelf in the bathroom. He would get some treats every time he was able to keep his underwear dry and use the potty.




Within the first 10 minutes or so we had our first accident. But that was ok. Pretty soon...and after one more accident...and 9,867 "false alarm" dashes to the bathroom...we had this!




So proud of himself! Time for his treats!




I have to add in here...this morning he decided...and told me,

"I just tay here. Den when I actuawy go pee...I get M&Ms!"

The child cracks me up...and he did sit on the potty for at least 45 minutes...waiting! :)




We are so proud of him...and he is SOOOOO proud of himself!




I know that we are only 2 days in...and the true test is tomorrow at daycare...but so far, so good! I am skeptically optimistic since it has been quite easy so far.




Fingers crossed...we can keep this going!




Have I mentioned how much I love this little cheeseball?

LOVE HIM!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment